- Project Hercules is a 50:50 Joint Venture, combining construction skills to bring together all three of the combined forcers to be under the one roof. RAF Lyneham was to become the first joint base for the Army, Navy and RAF.
- Drillcut (UK) Ltd were called upon on this joint venture project to help with the refurbishment of the existing RAF airbase into this new multi-purpose base which was set to be the first multi-purpose base in the UK’s history
- Much of the redevelopment of RAF Lyneham consisted of the upgrade and refurbishment of existing buildings and demolition of some of the surrounding buildings on site which was built in 1939, and has been used during the Second World War.
- Hercules required the existing runway to be cut along the whole length of the runway, in 1956 the main runway was extended to 7,830ft, and since the mid-eighties there has been a continuous programme of updating the existing buildings which were clearly not designed to last for so long when they were initially built during WWII.
- Drillcut (UK) Ltd scope of works included diamond floor sawing along the main runway so it could form a cut line and could be easily removed in sections with help from the brokk 400 alongside heavier demolition equipment.
- Our Controlled Robotic Brokk demolition unit continued helping demolish existing buildings onsite and in the onsite hangers, they worked in tandem with our Concrete repairs unit which continued cutting and installing lintels throughout the site.
- Removed all debris to skips so it could be recycled.
- Material sorted and removed from work area using skid-steer loader.
- Equipment tested and positioned prior to work commencing.
- Water-based dust suppression equipment used during deconstruction of structures.
- Environmentally friendly 3 phase equipment was used throughout the process.
- Use of zero-emission machines to prevent carbon monoxide contamination of operating area.
- Equipment operated remotely negating operative hand and arm vibration issues.
- Debris sorted on site and removed to be recycled.
- Onsite cabin supplied to keep equipment onsite and limit carbon emissions of driving vans back and forth
- Project completed on budget
- Specialist equipment owned and operated by Drillcut (UK) Ltd ensuring fixed cost & qualified operators.
- 24th Month Project was completed on time.