- Milford haven project the repair and refurbishment of the port facilities at Milford Haven and Pembroke Dock. Milford Docks is a busy working fishing dock, dry dock, and marina, and all works were undertaken safely within these parameters. Much of the concrete removal work has been undertaken within the dock, and with daily shipping movements through the lock.
- Drillcut (UK) Ltd were called upon for the Refurbishment of the jetty for a new liquid gas terminal from china.
- The scope of works that the dock needed to be carried out was the removal of the redundant jetty around the port itself and removed.
- It needed to be environmentally friendly tasked with cutting the jetty in the water.
- Use of 2 hydro stress wire saws with hydraulic power packs and autonomous three phase generators
- Wire saw operated and powered remotely.
- Diamond wire saw up to 900 diameter concrete and steel piles
- Limited time frame
- Cut and lift method using jack up barges complete with crane to prevent debris entering the sea.
- Concrete debris removed and recycled.
- Concrete prevented from entering the sea by crane and by barge.
- Project completed on budget
- Specialist equipment owned by Drillcut (UK) Ltd and operator supplied by Drillcut (UK) Ltd
- Project completed on time
- Able to start work on site at short notice