- Bristol’s largest city centre regeneration programme since the war, Cabot Circus provides 120 shops including 15 major flagship stores in 90,000m2 of retail and leisure space. Featuring a spectacular glass roof over its central area, the complex includes more than 25 restaurants, a 13-screen Cinema de Lux and a 2,600-space car park. 250 homes have been built, mostly in the Quakers Friars area which provides a new public space around the development’s restored Dominican friary buildings.
- Drillcut (UK) Ltd were called upon to complete various scopes of works from diamond drilling, Track sawing, Exploration digging with two brokk 150’s in basement and diamond wire sawing concrete sections.
- Brokk 150 remote controlled demolition robot deployed to undertake concrete breaking.
- Further concrete breaking carried out by Brokk 150 using conventional hydraulic hammer.
- Concrete removed and recycled.
- Stand-alone three phase generators deployed to provide machinery with autonomous power.
- Use of qualified, experienced staff with modern equipment.
- Brokk 150 deployed to basement to do excavation works where bigger machinery couldn’t get too.
- Diamond wire sections of concrete and removed to skip for recycling.
- Diamond drilling various sized holes from 16mm to 600mm diameter
- All equipment supplied by Drillcut (UK) Ltd and operators supplied to keep costs of the project to a minimum
- Project completed on a budget
- Project completed on time